Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Inspirations on the Vineyard

I just returned from a 4-day weekend on Martha's Vineyard. About 5 min after we got off the ferry we were at Beadniks - a really cool , but expensive bead supply story on the island. I fell in love with their copper accessories and plan to use them with my new rustic colored clay beads. Check out the sweet clasp in this photo!

We had a blast cycling around the island and managed to peddle about 90 miles in total. I achieved my season goal of 20 miles @ 20 mph....OK...OK...I had a little help from my friends! Drafting is such a beautiful sport. :)

Out of the saddle, I was able to design a necklace as well as a bracelet and ear ring set for Marylee. I even managed to persuade a few onlookers to join the fun by making gifts for loved ones. Here's a shot of the table we took over and Steve making a birthday gift for his wife. We advised him that perhaps the wine glass marker would go nicely alongside a purchased gift.

No comments: