Wednesday, December 26, 2007

97 Year Old Supermodel

Here's Gram wearing her new pearl and crystal ear rings on Christmas Eve. I think the dainty style fits her small frame and the sparkle matches her beautiful smile.

A little more about Gram: I met my sister-in-law's Grandma about 7 years ago. Widowed in WWII, this amazing 97 year old woman still lives by herself, drives, plays with young children, knits for the homeless, and makes a delicious Selskops pudding - a favorite dessert from her Norwegian heritage. The last several holidays she's watched me make jewelry, patiently sitting near me and showering me with compliments. She's even accompanied me on a Michaels run and witnessed my addition to beading first hand. During the times I've sat with her beading she's shared in amazing detail the story of her childhood, marriage, and life in NYC. I am constantly amazed at her intellect, sharp mind, and kind spirit. I can't wait to design a '100 year' celebration birthday set for her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words - you are much too generous!
- Gram

Anonymous said...

I too am looking forward to the "100 year old celebration set"!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!