Sunday, March 2, 2008

Birthday Beadiness

Last week I celebrated my birthday...gulp, I'm getting old.

The week was filled with many surprises and "beady" highlights. My friend, Kim, kicked off our Saturday game night with party beads - notice the crazy set they saved for the birthday girl. She even made a cake for the birthday folks ~ notice my half is decorated with yummy jewelry!

The next day, Vern flew me to his family for a surprise party. Despite 'no gift' warnings, I received lots of surprises - including handmade jewelry from my nieces and nephew.

The next day, I arrived at work to find a completely decked out birthday office! I'm still finding the confetti everywhere I go. Again, despite 'no gift' warnings my colleagues made a cake and bought me Clinique's Happy perfume and a gift card to the Bead Cache - my favorite bead shop. Now I can eat, bead and smell pretty. :-)

My last 'beady' surprise was a jewelry cabinet from my husband...woohoo! Finally, no more jewelry around the house and stuffed in drawers. Can you believe this 18" by 4' tall cabinet is nearly full!

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday extra special this year. I am truly blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! So glad I could play a part! Your jewlery cabinet looks GREAT!!