Sunday, June 24, 2007

Beading at the Beach


We flew to Provincetown (or P-town) today to spend some time on the beach. P-Town sits right at the tip of the Cape. It's abour a 3-hour drive from our house but only a 25 min flight! I say "we" flew because I got to take the controls again for a while. Today I praticed heading, altitude, and flying in circles. I tried lining the plane up for a landing...but it was just too much to do for a newbie, I had to hand the controls back to Vern at about 2 miles out.

Anyhow, we spent the day on the beach which is just a short walk from the airport. We packed a picnic dinner and enjoyed watching the seals playing off the coast. I packed my bead bag and finished a design that I'd started at Newport beach a few weeks ago. The larger beads have a seashell look....which I think accounts for the beach inspiration. Vern snapped a few pictures showing the work in progress and the finished product. This one's not really my style; so, I think it will either become a future gift or part of my inventory.


One of my girlfriends has asked me to do a beading party in July. I'm trying to stock up on a few pieces so I can display my work at the party and hopefully sell a few. I'm still struggling to set prices. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think I could charge for this one?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

$40 - $45??? I don't know how much the materials cost, so it's hard for me to judge. Besides, I never have to buy jewelry since someone always makes it for me! ;)

Patty said...

Thanks Mandy. I'm trying to understand what customers would be willing to pay. So, your answer is perfecto!

You look beautiful in your jewelry..when are you going to take a picture of your pink necklace for me? :)