Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Vineyard Fun

Last weekend we took a trip to Martha's Vineyard to bike around the island with a few friends from work. Really beautiful place and a fun group to hang with. As I packed for the trip I realized that I may need to carry my things in a backpack for a very long ride! So, it came down to essentials - biking gear, clothes, and beads. I packed up the red beads I'd been working on along with a small bottle of gloss, a paint brush, beading wire, and a few silver spacers. I painted my beads while explaining the coolness of polymer clay to onlookers. Fortunately, I had enough beads and supplies to make 2 necklaces. Pictured here are the 'almost done' projects.





I discovered there is also a neat bead shop on the Island in Vineyard Haven....expensive...but really fabulous selection! Unfortunately, I only had 15 min to browse the shop before catching the ferry. Not even 1/4 of the time I needed to check out the collection. At least we'll have a destination for our next flight to the Vineyard!

On the biking front, I cycled about 65 miles this past weekend. Not a fast pace, but great weather and a good long ride to get my heart back into the sport.

No comments: