Sunday, July 29, 2007

Beading in the 'Burgh

I spent the week back in Grove City (near Pittsburgh) for a sales meeting and spent some time with friends and family - huge bonus! On Friday I went hiking in Kennerdale and finished the evening with a Barbeque party complete with great food, wonderful friends, washer toss, creamsicles and beads! You couldn't ask for a better day. :-)

My girlfriends decided that we should make clay Steeler beads to kick-off the football season in Pittsburgh. The Steeler logo was a new and interesting challenge - more difficult than the flower designs I'd been making. The pattern was not symetrical and included funky shaped diamonds. I was a little nervous making the 1st cane slice...but I think it turned out pretty neat. I finished the sets on Saturday (with help from Mom & sister), then delivered them to the girls!

Lori has already asked for 2 more sets as gifts!

No comments: