Friday, July 13, 2007

My $50 German Beads

Bonjour and Halo! I just got back from a trip to France and Germany. Lots of work and hardly any time to play. I did, however, manage to get a few hours to sight see around Darmstadt, Germany. In my wandering and broken German I managed to drink a glass of diesel (that's German beer and coke!) and find a bead shop. It was a nice collection of stones and carved pieces. I thought I was getting a bargain when I saw each bag of beads priced at only 1 to 3 euros ($1.5 - $5). The cashier spoke no English but simply pointed to the price tag and took one bead from each bag. HA! Go figure....my bargain turned into a small fortune. I couldn't bear to go home empty handed so I cut down my stash but made sure that I left with several of the cherry colored carved beads. I think they look German!

A few other pics from my trip...

No comments: